Willemstad, (May 6, 2019)–Mr. Hans Slier, Owner & CEO of Papagayo Beach Hotel and Papagayo Beach Resort has been re-elected as the Chairman of the Curaçao Hospitality & Tourism Association. The CHATA Board elections took place on April 10, 2019 followed by a CHATA Board Retreat which took place on May 3, 2019. During the board retreat, the CHATA Board also elected a new Vice Chairman, Mr. Omar van der Dijs (Licores Maduro), a Treasurer, Mr. Robbin Vogels (Avila Beach Hotel) and a Secretary Mrs. Maylin Trenidad (Renaissance Curaçao Resort & Casino).
In his first words as the new Chairman of CHATA 2019/2020 Mr. Hans Slier states that “We have been seeing many positive developments in the tourism industry, increase in airlift, growth in tourist arrivals and new hotel developments in the past months. In order to continue growing the industry it is important to invest in the development of our human capital, as they hold the potential to make or break our destinations reputation and experience of our visitors. Therefore, one of CHATA’s main goals for 2019 is to find cost effective ways to invest in the development of our human capital and to further create awareness and provide education on tourism to our children from an early age in partnership with our members, government and key stakeholders within the sector”.
Furthermore, CHATA will continue to focus its efforts on:
- Growing Visitor Spending while focusing on achieving higher ADR/REVPAR.
- Advocate for the restructuring of CTB to a Curaçao Tourism Authority.
- Increase Arrivals with growth in Airlift from North America & South America while maintaining our current air service in Europe
- Increased collaboration with CTB and government officials on areas affecting tourism.
- To be an effective public policy voice for membership.
- To be our members’ primary resource for quality and professional membership services, industry information and analysis.
CHATA Board will continue to work together with the government, CTB and other stakeholders within the industry to further develop the sector and achieve its goals for 2019.