Description & Requirements
A. Place in the organization
Reports to: Operational Manager
B. Essence of the job
You are expected to coordinate every aspect of an event to make sure that it occurs without a glitch. You meet with clients to work out event details, plan with the client and their team, scout and book locations, food, entertainment, staff and cleanup. You are also expected to be onsite the day of the event to oversee set-up or perform the set-up yourself, and to troubleshoot any issues that may arise. Despite the fact that it is a dynamic job, a large part of it is also desk-oriented.
C. Duties of the Event Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
• Coordination with vendors, exhibitors and stakeholders during event planning
• Create and distribute event listing pages on social media websites
• Calculate a budget for proposed events.
• Coordination of approved events include managing details like arranging the schedule, selecting speakers/entertainment, choosing vendors, selecting menus, procuring accommodations, creating and distributing marketing materials (invitations, flyers, advertisements,) – in cooperation with the marketing department – and arranging transportation for attendees.
• Manage event set up, tear down and follow-ups
• Establish standardized event procedures and train staff into properly executing them
• Build and adhere to an event budget to avoid project overruns
• Track event key performance areas and identify items to work on for future events
• Previous experience as an event coordinator or a similar role
• Ability to work independently
• Capable of working with internal and external teams and partners
• Familiarity with event related software
• Ability to work under strict deadlines
• Strong negotiation skills: as an event coordinator you will need negotiation skills to work
out prices with clients and contractors.
• Problem-solving skills: despite a tight planning and execution, there is a chance that
something goes wrong during an event. Being able to quickly solve the issue is required.
Multilingual: on an island like Curacao it is very important that you can communicate with various population groups. You can communicate in Dutch, English and Papiamentu, spoken and written.
• Young and dynamic
• Age 24 and up
• Preferable local
F. What we offer:
• An atmospheric 19th century work environment at Landhuis
• An appropriate salary based on your work experience
• Good secondary employment conditions
Interested in being our Event Coordinator? Send your résumé and motivation
letter to email@example.com.