Description & Requirements
Scuba Lodge is looking for a talented and passionate Head Chef who can lead a team in a fast-paced kitchen and maintain a high standard of food with the aim of exceeding our guest’s expectations.
Scuba Lodge & Ocean Suites is located next to the ocean in the vibrant Pietermaai District on Curaçao. This boutique hotel/oceanfront restaurant is known for its impeccable service. Guests that visit the restaurant during their stay at the hotel or their visit to the island, are surprised by the quality of the food, the friendliness of the staff, and the warm ‘home-away-from-home’ atmosphere.
As our Head Chef, you will be responsible for the daily operations in the kitchen. Other key responsibilities include liaise with purchasing companies for food orders, train and motivate your team ensuring each section of the kitchen is running to the correct standard, ordering, stock takes and generally making sure the kitchen is managed professionally.
Our ideal candidates will have the following attributes:
- Health & Safety Food Hygiene certificates
- At least 3 years of experience in a professional kitchen.
- Competent and confident enough to run your own section.
- Team leader skills and experience in managing a kitchen/culinary team.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Speaks English and Dutch (Papiamentu is a pre but not necessary).