Description & Requirements
Kooyman Head Office
The Director of Supply Chain is a member of the Corporate Management Team and in that capacity co-determines the strategic direction of the organization.
The Director of Supply Chain is specifically responsible for the processes of the entire supply chain management within Kooyman and translates strategy into policy for the supply chain department. He/ she maintains good contacts with our strategic vendors, suppliers and service providers.
Manages a team of people in charge of managing the inventory and supply chain of the entire organization from the generation of purchase orders to distribution to the stores in Aruba, Barbados, Bonaire, Curaçao and St. Maarten. Monitors the progress of results by means of Key Performance Indicators. Responsible for the realization of the department budget. In collaboration with the Senior Manager Commerce and the Senior Manager Operations ultimately responsible for the successful implementation of the entire Kooyman store formula.
- Academic/ Bachelor+ degree in Business Administration/ Economics, preferably in Supply Chain Management;
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience in a leading supply chain position in the retail industry, preferably in building materials and hardware / home improvement products
- Technical knowledge of supply chain processes/ concepts in general;
- Demonstrable leadership skills, strong team orientation and proven ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural environment;
- Highly developed analytical skills;
- Affinity with the analysis and processing of (large) automated data files;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Dutch, and preferably also in Papiamentu and Spanish;
- Innovative, creative and flexible.
If you recognize yourself in the profile above, send your resume together with a motivation letter in which you also indicate how you will combine your supply chain knowledge and strategic thinking in practice within the retail environment of Kooyman. You can send your resumé and motivation letter to Ms. Sharon York, Senior Manager Human Resources, by filling out the application form below no later than July 31, 2020.
For more information about the position, please contact Ms. York by phone at +5999 4613333.
Only applicants who fully meet the above job requirements will be considered.
Kooyman Head Office
“Retail is people business, therefore Kooyman is all about its own people”.
The HR Advisor is the first point of contact for (senior) managers and employees within the client portfolio. You are responsible for, among other things, advising and supporting (senior) management regarding HR activities within your portfolio. The HR Advisor contributes to the further development of the HR instruments, in order to realize the HR strategy and the business objectives.
- You contribute to an ultimate service experience for our customers by attracting talent and supporting their development at all levels within the organization.
- You act as an advisory expert, for both employees and (senior) management on all matters concerning the employee journey.
- You make an active contribution to the development and continuous improvement of HR instruments and policy.
- You participate in projects in order to ensure the realization of the HR strategy.
- A completed Bachelor or Master degree in Human Resources Management.
- Customer-oriented and empathizing with the needs of the (internal) customers.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in a dynamic environment.
- A persuasive communicator with thorough knowledge of employment law and regulations.
- A result-oriented self-starter with a hands-on mentality who is well-adapted to stress.
- Good consulting skills and knowledge of the latest developments/trends in the HR field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good verbal & written command of the languages English, Papiamentu and Dutch.
- Keywords that apply to you: analytic, confident, decision maker, sense of humor, empathy, self-reflective capacity, critical..
If you, too, want to be part of our team, respond quickly by filling out the application form below and upload your resume no later than July 31st, 2020
For further information about the position, please contact Ms. S. York via SYork@Kooymanbv.com.