Description & Requirements
A Meeting and Banquet Sales Manager with Hilton Hotels & Resorts is responsible for soliciting and responding to companies and organizations to purchase food & beverage, rent meeting space and ancillary services from the hotel. Coordinates the prompt, courteous and efficient delivery of those products to satisfy the customer’s service needs and to maximize the hotel’s profits.
- Manages customer relationship through drafting proposals and contracts, responding to customer inquiries, as well as organizing arrangements as they relate to social and corporate events ie: set-up and execution of social and corporate meetings, meals and special events. Provides direction and supervision of meeting and/or catering logistics to catering and event services managers and other departments and team members responsible for event execution.
- Represents the hotel and conducts conferences with individual customers by telephone or in-person to solicit and close group and local catering business. Meets with and entertains customers, conducts property tours and promotes facilities and services and within parameters, has discretion to negotiate contracts with customers and commission agreements with vendors.
- Responsible for planning and on site execution of large events.
- Assists in the physical movement of hotel or customer equipment or furnishings as necessary to complete a tight turn-around of public function space.
- Directly assists customers as necessary, which may require moving of up to 20lbs.
- Audits customer checks and department charges and files to ensure accuracy.
- Supervises staff in creation and distribution of accurate written materials.
- Ensures that contracts, menus, letters and reports are completed according to Hilton standards and policies.
- Re-book functions and follow-up with customers by sending a thank you.
- Compiles Food and Beverage post event report.
What are we looking for?
A Meeting and Banquet Sales Manager serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Strong leadership skills, whereas it is evident that you can effectively manage and motivate a team to perform beyond expectations
- Strong analytical skills so to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capabilities (go-getter attitude) and the ability and desire to coach selling techniques to Team Members
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Experience in a similar role with a proven track record
1. Go to web.
2. Go to country.
3. Select ‘Curaçao’ then click on search jobs.
4. Click on the position desired. Please note that you will need to register in order to complete your application.