Description & Requirements
Summary Blue Bay Curacao Golf & Beach Resort
Blue Bay Curacao & Beach Resort is a growing resort in development, expanding from 40 to approximately 250 accommodations. The hotel organization collaborates with various restaurants and the golf course to provide a high-quality hospitality experience for its guests. To expand the team and further emphasize hospitality and service, a new position of Duty Manager (Full-Time) is being established.
The Duty Manager (DM) is a staff member who is “on duty” at certain times and has ultimate responsibility for the daily hospitality operation within Blue Bay, under the supervision of the General Manager Accommodations (GM). Performing hospitality management, being the point of contact and coordinator of the operational departments and replacing the General Manager Accommodations their absence are the main duties. In short, being the main contact for the daily execution of the hospitality concept of Blue Bay.
- Ensuring a high level of customer service by addressing customer inquiries, resolving complaints, and ensuring a positive customer experience.
- Ensuring daily cooperation between F&B, front office, housekeeping, maintenance, security, sales and marketing. Identifies, acts, and advises on opportunities for improvement.
- Maintaining effective communication with other departments, staff members, and customers.
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment for guests and employees, including emergency response procedures and compliance with safety regulations in collaboration with Security.
- Prepares daily reports, makes recommendations, and reports on areas of attention to higher management.
- Addressing any issues or emergencies that may arise during the shift, such as equipment malfunctions or staffing problems.
- Operationally supporting the above departments at required (peak) times.
- Monitoring and improving the quality of various services through checks. Measure guest satisfaction.
- Overseeing the scheduling and smooth transition of shifts, always ensuring adequate coverage.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively respond and handle guest problems and complaints.
- Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with team members.
- Empower team members to provide excellent guest services. Ensure team members understand expectations and parameters.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Place in the organization
- Direct report General Manager Accomodations
- Team member Accommodations.
- MT Members
- Middele Management
- A bachelor’s degree in hospitality, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in the hospitality industry with omparable resort environment. Strong leadership and management abilities are essential.
- Excellent communication skills are crucial for interacting with staff, guests, and other work stakeholders.
- Effective written and verbal communication is necessary for resolving issues and providing clear instructions.
- A focus on providing exceptional customer service is a key requirement.
- Strong organizational skills are needed to manage schedules, budgets, and resources effectively.
- Duty managers may need to work varied hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Understanding relevant regulations, health and safety standards, and compliance requirements is essential.
- A customer-centric mindset, along with the ability to handle customer inquiries, complaints, and feedback professionally and effectively.
- Ability to represent and present the resort both internally and externally professionally and enthusiastically.
- Proactive and decisive.
- Knowledge of MEWS is a must.
- Good command of Dutch, English and Spanish (verbal and written).
- Command of Papiamentu is a plus.
- The ability to motivate and guide a team to achieve goals and maintain high standards is important.
- The ability to make decisions under pressure is important.
- Skilled in identifying and resolving issues quickly and efficiently.
- The ability to adapt to changing circumstances and handle unexpected situations.
- Collaborative skills, able to act as part of a team and need to coordinate with various departments.
- Ability to understand the needs and perception of others and to act on these.