CHATA requests proposals for the production and distribution of the hotel room (hard cover) magazine, CHATA’s Official In-room Magazine, a high-quality magazine that will showcase the island of Curaçao, for a period of 3 years commencing with the first issue to be delivered by December 2020 for the year 2021. (The proposal must include production of the magazine in 2021, 2022 and 2023).
What are we looking for?
The RFP is based on our traditional in room magazine. As the industry develops and consumer behavior changes, we are aware that a Magazine as such might not be applicable anymore by the year 2020 and beyond. We are looking for out of the box ideas on how to increase our in-room presence at our accommodations by making use of the technological benefits of the new ERA. Our online presence must be sharp and on point and our personalized engagement with our visitors is of importance. With this said, we are open for new and fresh ideas on developing “traditional in room destination magazines” and we would love to be one step ahead of the game as we are now planning for items to be delivered in the year 2021, 2022 and 2023.
For our traditional in Room Magazine Hard Cover: The following is required (Minimum):
– The magazine will have to be produced in a minimum quantity of 7.000 hard cover bound magazines annually. (All CHATA member hotels rooms should be stocked, a minimum of three copies should be made available for each hotel room.)
– The magazine’s inside pages will have to be printed on glossy paper, minimum 80lb gloss, perfect bound, size 8 7/8” x 10 7/8’ closed, full color and a minimum of 100 pages.
– The magazine cover will have to be in full color, both on the inside and outside and be printed on a hard cover.
– The magazine will have to contain editorial, which includes features on hotels, attractions, activities, dining, nightlife and shopping in Curaçao. It is important to capture the true Curaçao Experience.
-Interactive online content should also be created linking the magazine to a website and/or CHATA website.
– CHATA will have to be consulted and will need to approve all editorial content, photography and cover design and layout.
– The publishing company will be in charge of the production and printing of the magazine, including sales and administration of all advertising, collection of invoices, shipping and delivery of the magazine to the individual CHATA hotels and all payments thereof.
– The magazine will be delivered no later than December 15th of each calendar year at the identified CHATA members.
– The publishing company will have to pay a percentage of gross advertising revenue to CHATA annually. Minimum percentage to be provided to CHATA is 30% with a minimum of 75.000 NAF per year.
– The publisher will offer favorable discounts (minimum of 20% off) to CHATA members for participation/advertising in the magazine.
– The magazine must feature a listing of all CHATA members even if they do not purchase advertising.
– CHATA will receive a minimum of 2 pages for editorial content in the magazine free of charge.
– Payments to CHATA will have to be made 50% upon delivery in December of each calendar year and 50% on or by March 15 of each calendar year.
– Copies of all advertising contracts will have to be provided to CHATA as a back-up for gross advertising sales figures.
-Deadline to confirm participation is July 19th, 2019
-Deadline to submit proposal is August 1st, 2019
Are you up for the challenge?
If you need additional information please feel free to contact us at our CHATA office 465-1005 or by sending an email to CHATA President & CEO, Mr. Miles B M Mercera.